Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dozing off on a bag of mulch!!

It was a beautiful day here in Virginia, so of course I had to get outside and do some spring gardening. As a firm believer in giving kids plenty of fresh air and sunshine, I had them outside with me working away. They were raking, picking up sticks, spreading mulch, you name it. Even Kenna, my little two-year-old was getting in to the action. However, her idea of helping out was to grab big handfuls of mulch and throw it in the yard!

In the middle of working away on the garden I looked over and Kenna had curled up on a bag of mulch! It was absolutely adorable! Fortunately, I had my video camera close by and caught her dozing off on the mulch. I guess it was her own way of "connecting to the earth." She was so filthy and so beautiful. I'm sure you moms out there know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Andelin said...

That's absolutely adorable! I love the thumb and twisting hair. So cute and classic!