Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Kenna

I'm sure you are guessing by now, but this family has a LOT of birthdays in January: three to be exact. We celebrated the last of the January birthdays today. Kenna turned TWO! It was an awesome day. Katie made a huge chocolate brownie cake for her. She doubled her favorite brownie recipe and stuck peppermint patties between the two layers--delicious!! Kenna's favorite thing in the whole world is candy, which she calls "num num." She knew she would get some on her birthday, so whenever someone would ask her how old she was, she would answer, "num num." Some people get old, some people eat candy. I guess that's just the way it is. She was playing with lipstick this morning, and decided to leave us a surprise birthday message. Check out the video.



Out of all of the presents she received, her favorite one of all was a battery-operated bubble blower that I got at Target for $1.99. Isn't that always the way it is? She only wanted Daddy to blow the bubbles at first, but eventually she got the hang of it and was playing with it forever (until we finally convinced her to get in the bath and play with her new plastic boat). All in all, the day was a blast. I love birthdays...it's just the getting older part that I can't stand. Here's a video of her playing with her new bubble blower.

1 comment:

jennydecki said...

Oh my gosh! I literally thought I was the only mom on the planet dumb enough to let my toddler get hold of my red lipstick!

It's good to see that if it happens to you, it means I'm not dumb...it just happens.

I swear we finally gave up the good fight and decided it was okay the girls bedroom and playroom look like abstract art mural displays.

Thank you again for the great videos!