Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes

It was a beautiful day here in Virginia. I managed to find some t-shirts and shorts buried deep in the kids' drawers and we all headed outside to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine (after we finished the schoolwork, of course).

We played on the swing set, tossed the football, and jumped on the trampoline. I heard Karis, my 9-year-old, teaching Kenna how to sing, "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes." It was so cute that I thought I would share it with my friends.



I hope you are lucky enough to have a nice, warm day strike unexpectedly. If you do, make sure you get out and enjoy it! I'll end this blog with one of my very favorite poems:

I Meant To Do My Work Today

by Richard LeGallienne

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.
And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand,
So what could I do but laugh and go?

No comments: