Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Korben!

Korben turned six today. I can't believe it! When one of the kids has a birthday, I always let them choose where they want to go out to eat. So, of course, we all headed out to Chuck E. Cheese today (or as we call it, The Chucksters). By the way, if you haven't been there in a while, Chuck is looking mighty fine as always. He's a little stiff in the joints, but I think it's because age is creeping up on him. Helen Henny was also looking fine in her cheerleading outfit (I have a sneaky suspicion that she and Pasqualey have something going on. He is one chef that definitely has a thing for chicken, if you know what I mean). I am a bit concerned about Munch--the big, fat, purple thing that plays the keyboard. He kept one eye shut during all of the performances. He either has a really bad eye infection or was just flirting with me. I'm not sure which. Jasper Jowls still only knows how to play one chord on his guitar. How did he ever make it in show business? I guess he and Ashley Simpson have the same agent. But anyway, enough about Chuck E. Cheese. Now, for Korben!!

Korben had a fantastic time. He was deliriously happy and ran like a wild man from game to game. All of the kids contributed their tickets at the end of our adventure and bought gifts for him. Never has a boy been so happy about a glow-in-the-dark lizard and a flimsy coloring book!! He was definitely living high on the hog!

As a surprise, my mother-in-law bought trick candles that keep burning after you blow them out. It was so funny watching him keep blowing and blowing! He had a blast. We all did! It's funny, really. Kids don't need a lot to make them happy. He had his family. Some cake. a few presents. And, of course, the Chucksters. What more could a six-year-old boy want? Check out the video of Korben blowing out his candles. It's so funny!

No comments: