Thursday, August 28, 2008

Daniel X-Citing!


Okay, okay, that blog title was a bit cheesey, but I can't help getting excited about a book that totally engages my 12-year-old boy. It was as good as the time he discovered Captain Underpants when he was eight!! For some reason, as most moms can tell you, when boys get into middle school they don't exactly become avid readers. As a matter of fact, books usually place second to, umm, let's see...brussels sprouts?

I had to coax my son to pick up the copy of Daniel X that I bought for him. But as soon as he began reading, he was hooked! I knew I had stumbled onto a good thing when I came in his room last night to turn out the lights and he had his reading light on next to his bed, poring over his copy of Daniel X. Hooray! Thank the book gods for Daniel X! He finished it a few days ago and came up to me and said, "When is the next Daniel X book coming out?".

Ahh, music to my ears!

If you have a middle school son, you have got to check out this winner!

No comments: