Friday, August 29, 2008

She's got the ham gene!

My parents always told me growing up that I inherited a "ham gene" from somewhere up the family tree. I always hammed it up in front of people. If I wasn't the center of attention, then I wasn't happy!!

Well, Klara has inherited it, too! She tells me everyday that she is going to be a singer and she is going to be on stage. One day she told me that she when she grew up she was going to make people laugh so hard that they peed in their pants (lovely image, I know!). She is going through a stage now where she dances and sings to songs that she makes up on the fly. She also gets Kenna involved as back up. I caught one of them on video today. I believe the chorus goes something like this:

I don't want to be like you.
I don't want to be like you.
I don't want to be like my family.
I just want to be like you.

I thought that was pretty funny, maybe not as illogical as some of the lyrics on the radio today...

Check out the video of them performing in my bedroom (I was in the middle of folding laundry).

No comments: